Clothes for Barbie do-it-yourself: we create fashion at home
There are no such dolls that could be compared in popularity with Barbie dolls. In childhood, each girl must have one or several slender long-haired girlfriends with whom it is so interesting to play! And even more interesting is that the furniture, the house and even the clothes for the Barbie doll can all be made with your own hands.
Barbie doll appeared thanks to the efforts of a simple American woman Ruth Hendler in 1959. The doll was produced in 2 versions - with light brown and dark hair.
The main idea of its creation was: “Girls at the age of 10 no longer want to play with small dolls. They like beautiful dolls, game situations with which will help prepare for adult life. ”
This includes Barbie's clothes, changing which, girls will learn to dress fashionably in real life! Initially it was assumed that the dolls will be sold in swimsuits, and each piece of clothing will need to be bought separately.But they quickly found craftswomen who made amazing clothes for Barbie dolls with their own hands.
Barbie Doll Clothes
So, the first clothing for the original Barbie was a separate pin-up swimsuit. But over time, her wardrobe has expanded to cosmic dimensions! The doll has all kinds of clothes that are present in little fashionable girls. And all of them can be created with your own hands.
- Dresses - in such dresses most often Barbie can be bought in the store.
- Outerwear - jackets, jackets and even coats.
- Casual wear - blouses and T-shirts, skirts and jeans, T-shirts and shorts.
And how many shoes in Barbie's arsenal - do not count! And if your daughter insists on updating her ward's outfits, do not worry - you do not need to buy expensive accessories for toys in the store.
You can sew Barbie clothes with your own hands even at home. To do this, you do not even need a sewing machine - it is enough to have a set of bright threads, needles and flaps of fabric.
Despite the fact that the feminine Barbies often wear skirts and dresses, try to sew fashion pants with their own hands.Your daughter will definitely be delighted, because not every girl has such a piece of doll clothes.
After you master this simple way of sewing, you can switch to more complex trouser styles that can be borrowed not only in Barbie catalogs, but also in clothes for Monster High dolls and other popular models.
In addition to working tools, you will need the following materials:
- pattern paper;
- fabric for trousers;
- pencil with a grater on the end.
The pencil is needed for a clear drawing of the pattern. In addition, with its help it is easier to turn out the narrow legs of doll trousers.
- Using the pattern, prepare 4 identical parts: 2 normal and 2 - in mirror image.
- Treat the edges of the blanks with tacking for durability.
- Sew the inner and outer edges of the blanks, leaving 1-2 centimeters on the back or side. Use this space to sew a sticky clasp or button.
- Turn the pants on the wrong side. Tighten the leg, forming a cuff. They can be fastened with threads and decorated as desired.
Trousers are obtained with a high waist. You can experiment,shortening and extending the leg, extending the pattern, forming a capri and even shorts with your own hands! If you have a thin piece of light-colored fabric lying around your home, use it - you will have wonderful summer trousers.
To complement the trouser ensemble, give Barbie a puppet sweater as well. It is very easy to sew with your own hands, even if there is not a single extra piece of fabric in the house, because the material for sewing is an old sock! Choose light openwork or knitted socks to create an imitation knit sweater.
- Take a sock with high top. Cut the lower part, leaving the top.
- Unscrew a small section for the collar and attach the doll.
- Mark with chalk or pencil space for the sleeves and torso.
- Cut off the excess material and turn it on the wrong side. Sew the seams.
- Turn the product on the front side. Cut off the extra length of the sleeve and the bottom, process and tuck the sleeve, forming a cuff.
Sweater is obtained with a beautiful collar in the form of a boat. Suit will look good from a black sweater and white fabric trousers. The sweater can be decorated with beads, cross-stitch and satin stitch.To finish the ensemble of sweaters and trousers,You can sew a warm coat for Barbie.
Sewn clothes for Barbie dolls do it yourself interesting not only because you can save on the purchase of expensive toys. You get a unique doll wardrobe with original items of clothing that will only be worn by your daughter.
To finish the ensemble of sweaters and trousers, you can sew a warm coat for Barbie. Instructions for the work outlined in the video.