Diet with high cholesterol
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance that enters the body with certain foods, and can also be produced by the human body in the liver. With an elevated level of cholesterol, problems gradually arise that affect one’s well-being and general condition.
This fat-like substance is an active participant in the vital processes that occur in our body. And the percentage of its blood usually regulates the body itself. The main factor is the individual human need.
In excess, blood cholesterol can be expressed as:
- fast fatiguability;
- increased sweating;
- gaining weight.
In addition, if the tests show that a person has an elevated level of “bad” fats in the blood, then this may affect the cardiovascular system. In most cases, cholesterol higher than normal increases the likelihood of heart disease and the occurrence of heart attack, stroke.
Helps reduce the cholesterol in the human body cholesterol diet.
What you can eat and what not?
In general, the diet with high cholesterol in human blood involves the use of low-fat foods. The hypocholesterol diet excludes the use of flour products, reducing the amount of salt in cooking, as well as the replacement of ordinary vegetable oil with olive oil.
In addition, a diet with elevated cholesterol implies the absence of such products as butter, margarine, full-fat milk, cheese, cottage cheese, etc. It is necessary to exclude meat products with a high concentration of fat cells. Pork and beef are recommended to change with lighter meat (chicken, turkey). Regarding dairy products, preference should be given to fat-free.
The basic diet, which implies a hypocholesterol diet, should consist mainly of fresh vegetables, fruits, fresh juices without sugar, bread (bread), made from wholemeal flour and cereals. As previously mentioned, when cooking food, you should use olive oil, which lowers cholesterol.
For sweet teeth, the cholesterol diet will be tough, since such a diet with elevated cholesterol eliminates almost everything. Will have to refrain from:
- Cream products;
- High egg products;
- Condensed milk.
Of sweets, which allows the diet to reduce cholesterol, it is allowed to eat only wafer and oatmeal cookies. You can also pamper yourself with low-fat pastries, which do not contain salt.
How long should you follow a diet?
Diet, which is recommended to adhere with high cholesterol, can last about a week, but no more.If cholesterol in the blood during this period of time does not come close to normal, you can again turn to diet. However, do not make big breaks. If you want to reduce the percentage of fat cells in the blood, or fix the result, you should repeat with a small interval.
Before you try on yourself the effect that has a cholesterol diet, it is recommended to consult a doctor beforehand. First, on the basis of analyzes, it will help determine the level of concentration of “bad” fats in the blood. Secondly, it will help you choose the level of rigidity of the diet.
For example, the anti-cholesterol diet can have 2 steps. At first, the level of cholesterol consumed should be reduced to 300 mg per day. In this case, the diet provides for the restriction of the intake of fatty dairy products, high-energy meat. In addition, it will be necessary to eliminate offal and abandon the use of egg yolk. Meals on this principle can last from 6 to 10 weeks under the supervision of a specialist.
Stage 2 is appointed if there is no demotion at the first stage.The method of nutrition, which it provides, due to the use of only 200 mg of cholesterol per day. In general, the total amount of fatty compound in relation to the daily rate of calories should not be more than 7%. The transition from the 1st to the 2nd level should be carried out gradually. This process should be monitored by a doctor.
The main recommendations that should be followed include a few points:
- Try to eat several times during the day.
- During the meal, chew slowly and thoroughly.
- Limit the use of hot spices and seasonings, ready-made sauces, including ketchup and mayonnaise.
- The hypocholesterol diet involves avoiding alcohol and smoking, as these bad habits help to produce and accumulate cholesterol.
In addition to the provisions described above, there is another nuance.
Sample menu and dish options
Specialists have developed several options for the menu, which allows a diet with high cholesterol in the blood. Each of them contributes to weight loss due to the removal of excess "bad" fats, improving well-being.
You can choose one of the most suitable breakfasts:
- 250 ml of nonfat kefir or milk with low fat content, 1 medium boiled carrot, a slice of grain bread;
- 150 gr. low-fat or 5% cottage cheese, 250 ml of fresh fruit juice;
- 125 gr. boiled mushrooms, 250 ml of fruit juice, a piece of bread;
- 25 gr. oatmeal, boiled in sugar-free water, 2 baked apples;
- 100 gr. boiled beans, one slice of coarse flour bread.
For lunch, the anti-cholesterol diet also provides several options:
- 200 gr. vegetable salad, dressed with olive oil, 75 gr. boiled chicken meat without skin, a slice of grain bread, 1 tangerine;
- 75 gr. rice to cook on water, 50 gr. boiled chicken meat, 200 gr. vegetable salad with olive oil, 250 gr. low-fat yogurt;
- 200-250 ml of lean soup, 50 gr.cheese, 2 slices of bread, 100 gr. vegetable salad, seasoned with olive oil;
- 2 medium boiled potatoes, 125 gr. boiled beans, 200 gr. vegetable salad with olive oil, 1 pear;
- 50 gr. canned "Tuna in own juice", vegetable salad with dressing, 2 slices of grain bread, 2 small plums.
For dinner, a diet with high cholesterol has developed the following options:
- 75 gr. boiled chicken meat, 1 boiled potato, vegetable salad with olive oil, a slice of melon;
- 200-250 ml of vegetable broth, 75 ml of low-fat yogurt, vegetable salad, a slice of bread;
- portion piece of white fish baked in a foil with lemon slices, 2 small tomatoes, 3 pcs. boiled potatoes, vegetable salad with olive oil;
- 80 gr. boiled in water oatmeal, 110 gr. boiled beans, apple.
For dessert, you can treat yourself to one of the following options:
- 250 ml of light beer;
- 200 ml of dry wine with strength up to 16;
- 200 ml martini with fruit juice;
- 1 tbsp. l honey;
- 50 gr. marmalade.
The cholesterol diet can be used not only by those who have elevated levels of fat compounds in the blood. A limited diet will help those with normal cholesterol, but their health is not very good.In this case, the cholesterol diet will prevent possible health problems.