Jewelery with your own hands, we make a Dragonfly pendant with Swarowski crystals
I want to present to your attention a master class on creating a fantasy dragonfly from Swarovski crystals.
We will need the following materials:
- Swarovski Raindrop 20mm Crystal in frame - 1 pc .;
- Swarovski Sphinx Eyes 15x4mm Light Amethyst colors in castes (rims) - 4 pcs .;
- Swarovski Chaton 6mm Paradise Shine color in frame - 1 pc .;
- Swarovski Chaton Montees 4mm Amethyst in a frame - 2 pcs .;
- Swarovski Small Briolette Pendant 7 * 4mm in Crystal AB - 2 pieces;
- Swarovski Swarovski Small Briolette Pendant 9 * 5mm in color Crystal AB - 1 pc .;
- Swarovski strass tape 1.7 mm about 5 cm long;
- Japanese beads Miyuki 15/0 (I have 190 color) 2 g;
- Connecting ring-Gimp (I have two sizes and two colors);
- One bead Toho 8/0;
- The basis for embroidery 4 * 4cm (I have a gray simulated felt);
- Material for the reverse side 4 * 4 cm (I have Ultrasuede);
- Thread for beadwork 2 meters (I have Toho One-G), needles for beadwork;
- A piece of thick paper or cardboard, scissors, a pencil, glue (I have a Crystal Moment), pliers;
- Earring or chain (depending on how you want to apply the resulting element);
- Schematic sketch of the location of the main elements (optional).
one.We take a piece of felt and with the help of a ruler and a simple pencil draw several lines, which we will stick to so that our dragonfly is symmetrical. We try on the location of the largest crystal (Raindrop), if we are satisfied with everything, we glue it, following the instructions on the glue.
2. Sew, passing twice, through each pair of holes in the frame. Crystals can be sewn on without pre-sticking. I prefer to use a little glue, just so that the crystals do not change their position during sewing.
27-28. On the sharp corners we string 2 beads instead of one.
29-30. "Taurus" will process in another way. As in the first, we string the bead, enter from the inside and exit with the needle on the front side, but we insert the needle into the bead from the bottom up - tighten it. Continue until you finish processing the entire edge.
31-32. Open the connecting ring, string the Swarovski pendant on it, insert it into the 8/0 bead and close the ring. (Open and close the ring only in the direction indicated by the arrow. Do not pull it in other directions, otherwise it is deformed).
33-34. Take the bother.I have two colors and two diameters, thinner for a calf, thicker for wings. First, measure the desired length, cut off. To work with cantle, I took a thin needle 12 size. We strung the gimp, like a long glass bead, with our hand we stretch it along the entire length of the thread and only then we insert the needle into the bead. Soft gimp is a very delicate material. If it clings to the thread, it will stretch and be damaged without the possibility of restoration to its original state.
35. For the wings, I took a bulge. Measure out the desired piece, cut, string, stretch along the entire length of the thread and enter into the bead that forms the corner. Continuing to add gimp around Sphinx Eye.
36-37. Having finished on one side, we draw the needle into the hole of the suspension (we lead the thread through the beads, which were used to cut the edge). Between pendants add a small piece of gimp. Mirror repeat actions on the second side.
Now you can hide the thread, walking along the beads and making a few knots along the way, but first add a loop for the earring or chain. I wove a loop with a cross, inserted a chain, and I got a pendant.