Learning to do the splits correctly
Why one stretch succeeds faster than others?
Standard exercises to stretch the splits are the same for everyone. But some achieve the desired result in a couple of months, and others, after several years of training, do not manage to make splits. It is impossible to preliminarily name the time period during which it will be possible to master such an acrobatic figure.
Among the main factors that affect the performance, allocated as follows:
- The degree of flexibility and plasticity of the body. These are individual qualities donated to everyone by nature. Someone has a flexible body and supple muscles. For others, these figures are somewhat lower.
- The presence of sports training and elementary stretching.
- Perseverance, the desire to achieve the goal, which is expressed in regular and high-quality workouts.
Their complex should include a mandatory element - daily stretching.How to do it right, tell the video above.
If at first you do the exercises as beautifully as on the video, it does not work - nothing terrible. After some time you will make the perfect splits, as in the photo of the best gymnasts.
Starting training: effective exercises for the longitudinal splits
We offer a set of classes for beginners. These exercises should be performed at least 4-5 times a week. So you can achieve the necessary stretching of the muscles and ligaments of the legs. It is advisable to watch the video before starting workouts.
The preparatory complex should consist of the following basic exercises:
- Pull right leg forward, left knee as far back as possible, so that it touches the floor. For balance, focus on the hands. Lock this position for a few minutes. The technique of performing such a static stretching can be seen in the video.
- Without changing the starting position, push your right foot forward. Stretching of the muscles of the groin and legs should be felt.
- The pelvis should be lowered down. Stay in that position for less than 30 seconds. This is a great way for beginners.
- From the above position, at a slow pace, move your right foot forward even more. Try to press the pelvis as tightly as possible to the floor.Do not allow the sharp pain in the legs, so as not to damage the ligaments. This position should also be held for half a minute.
- The complex of these exercises, repeat for the left leg. So the body will develop evenly and harmoniously. This will allow you to sit on the left- or right-sided twine. Usually it is easier to sit on one of the legs.
Feel free to use the help video. This is necessary to increase the effectiveness of training.
Cross split: tactics for beginners
The cross-section type of twine causes more difficulties. Complex training should be preceded by a warm-up, as in the video:
It should consist of dynamic exercises: running in place, jumping. This will facilitate the stretching of the legs, as the heated muscles are more plastic. Warming up will prevent the risk of injury.
The following exercises are suitable for beginners (you can watch them in the video):
- Starting position - legs apart widely, but so that it was comfortable.
- The position of the stop is parallel to one another.
- Try to sit down several times.To avoid falling, hold on to the floor, or find another suitable support.
- Continue to spread your legs to the side, the pelvis should fall lower and lower.
- If the leg exercise is performed correctly, then there is a feeling of stretching the muscles of the inner side of the thighs.
There should be a simultaneous separation of both legs. Such a complex will help in the near future to make a photo in which you demonstrate a great splits.