Making an inexpensive pool in the country with their own hands
Own a reservoir in which you can plunge on a hot day - the dream of almost every summer resident. To some, it seems impracticable, but someone takes up the case and proves that nothing is impossible. To help the latter, we will tell you how to make a pool with your own hands and provide step-by-step instructions for this process.
Types of pools
There are four types of pools, suitable for use in the country:
- inflatable. Almost everyone is familiar with them, as they probably have seen children in their rubber fonts more than once. However, now manufacturers produce large pools with a displacement of several tons.
Of the advantages of this type, it is worth noting cheapness and ease of transportation (when folded, they are placed in the trunk of a car), of the minuses - fragility and susceptibility to mechanical damage;
- frame. Prefabricated structures, simple to install, and therefore quite transportable.They serve longer inflatable models, but their price is also higher.
Assembly and disassembly of such a pool does not cause difficulties, and they are less susceptible to mechanical damage. But like any mobile design, frame pools are not very durable;
- propylene. Represent a bowl made of polypropylene and filled with water. Differ in a good waterproofing, long service life and ease of installation.
Of the shortcomings, it is necessary to indicate the high cost and problematic delivery, since most often the cup is bought in finished form;
- trenches Pools poured from concrete in a previously dug trench. Their construction is a rather labor-intensive process, but this pool on the site is difficult to damage, and with proper care it will last more than a dozen years.
If you take to build independently, then you will succeedinexpensive pool, but at the same time durable and easy to use. Make such a country pool with your own hands is difficult, but possible. How - we will tell further.
The choice of location of the pool
Choosing a site to accommodate the pool, follow these guidelines:
- Keep the pool away from the trees.Their roots can damage the waterproofing and create water leakage, and the foliage will add work to clean the bowl of debris;
- the groundwater level under the pool must exceed 1 meter, otherwise they may come to the surface, and together with the artificial water you will have a natural reservoir resembling a swamp;
- Give preference to the site with clay soil. Clay badly passes moisture and will become an additional waterproofing;
- consider the wind rose. Wind brings garbage, so build a pool so that you have access to the place where this garbage will accumulate.
How to make a pool with your own hands?
And now the promised step by step instructionshow to build a country pool with your own hands.
1. Develop a preliminary project in which you should take into account the location of the pool (we wrote about it above), the shape and size of the bowl and supply of communications (water intake and drainage).
To facilitate your task, we advise you to build a pool of the correct form (square, rectangular, round).
2. Mark the borders. Using a tape measure, pegs and rope (twine), apply the markup on the site.
3. Dig a pit. Its length, width and depth should be about half a meter more than the design, the walls - have a slope outward by 5-6 °, and the bottom is inclined to one side by 5 °.
four.Align and tamp the bottom, then fill it with a 30 cm layer of sand or gravel and lay two rows of roofing material on the bitumen mastic on top, thus providing waterproofing for your pool.
5. Make a timbering from wooden timber and planks. To reinforce and strengthen the structure, use reinforcement: rods with a diameter of 4-8 mm.
6. Fill up the hydroconcrete, pre-installing the water supply pipe and drain. If there is no concrete, use cement (grade C500) mixed with sand in a 2: 1 ratio. When you remove the formwork, treat the walls with cement milk, applying it with a brush.
7. Stone the pool. Suitable PVC film for swimming pools, tiles, mosaics.
It remains only to equip the remaining area, in what our article “10 budget ideas to make a garden picturesque” will help you, and enjoy your rest.
We hope with our instructions to make a pool with your own hands at the cottage is not difficult. If you still doubt your abilities, then take up the simpler version of the frame of the dacha reservoir: