Do you believe in evil spirits? But most of the inhabitants of one of the towns in western Colombia, apparently, sincerely believe. Brother Hermes Cifuentes, 52, is committed to chasing away demons. He has been practicing exorcism for 20 years, taking all the knowledge from his father. Colombia is mainly a catholic country, but its culture also includes the customs of Africans and the indigenous people. The exorcism of Cifuentes is still a spectacle. Obsessed with the devil smeared with black mud from head to toe, and then perform a ritual with fire, candles, flowers, eggs and ritual objects.
1. Diana R., who is allegedly obsessed with demons, is preparing for an exorcism session in the town of La Cumbre, Colombia. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
2. Hermes Cifuentes is a modern exorcist. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
3. A girl obsessed with evil spirits was smeared with mud. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
4. The crucifixion is one of the main attributes in the fight against demons. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
5. Diana R. smeared with mud from head to toe. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
6. The ritual of exorcism is in full swing. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
7. Diana was dressed in a simple white dress and smeared with mud, and then placed in a circle of fire. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
8. Handmade wooden crosses during the exorcism ritual. (Jan Sochor - GlobalPost)
9. Cifuentes also guesses on the tea leaves. For example, he believes that three people can easily be distinguished in these coffee drips, and one of them is Jesus Christ.