Singer House and Vkontakte Office
Vkontakte office is located in a historic building - in the Singer House, a recognizable house with a dome. And the Petersburger who is bad, who never wanted to get into this dome. Vkontakte employees have this opportunity around the clock, the dome is part of their office and access to it is open. In addition to the dome, here you can still climb to the roof, and the office itself is very good. It is not only beautiful, but also comfortable - all the necessary conditions have been created there for work and food.
2. The first, where we got - this is such a negotiation Vkontakte:
3. There even is such a device:
4. Types of Peter.
6. Inside the dome of the House of Singer.
11. It looks like a kitchen. Tea, coffee, juices, water, fruits, nuts - all freely available:
13. The Singer House, or “House of the Book,” is a six-story mansard-style building in the Art Nouveau style, with an area of about 7,000 m², built in 1902–1904 by the design of architect Pavel Syuzor for the Singer Joint-Stock Company in Russia.
14. Initially, the management of the Singer company, which manufactures sewing machines, wanted to build a skyscraper similar to what was being built by a company in New York at that time: a high-rise building with many offices.However, such a project, without formally violating the imperial decree on the maximum height of residential private buildings in St. Petersburg (11 fathoms, that is, 23.47 m), contradicted the St. Petersburg urban planning traditions.
17. The architect brilliantly resolved this contradiction: over six floors with an attic, he erected a graceful tower, topped with a glass globe with a diameter of 2.8 m. It is this tower looking up and gives the impression of height, but, due to its lightness, does not overshadow the domes Kazan Cathedral and the Savior on Spilled Blood, towering near Nevsky Prospect.
19. During the construction of the building, a number of technical innovations were introduced: for the first time in Russia, a metal frame was used. New in the architecture of St. Petersburg were also the atria - the courtyards covered with a glass roof. The building was equipped with the most advanced technologies of the time, from elevators to automatic roof cleaning from snow.
20. The Singer House has become a striking example of modernism in the architecture of St. Petersburg.
21. Until 1917, the building was owned by Singer; in 1904–1911, a significant part of the premises was leased by the St. Petersburg private commercial bank. During the First World War, the US Embassy was located on the first floor of the building.
22Since November 2006, the House of Books has been functioning again. On the three upper floors of the house of the company "Zinger" is located the office of the company "VKontakte".