Is the electronic smoking pipe harmless - myth or reality?
Electronic smoking pipe is one of the varieties of electronic cigarettes that have recently received wide distribution. Manufacturers of this product claim: it is completely harmless to health. Is it so, we decided to find out in our article.
Electronic smoking pipe device
We owe the appearance of smoking pipes in Europe to Christopher Columbus, who discovered America, from which the habit of smoking tobacco was introduced. But if the contemporaries of the famous navigator did not know about the harm done to the human body by tobacco smoke, then every child knows about it today.
To part with the pernicious habit that literally kills our body is rather difficult, although it is possible - we already wrote about this in the article “How to stop smoking: ways”. Many consider e-smoking as one of the most benign methods of combating nicotine addiction.
Electronic smoking pipeis a kind of electronic cigarette. Both devices mimic the process of smoking and have a similar device. Read more about it in the video:
Electronic smoking pipe is arranged on the principle of an inhaler. The smoker, while puffing, triggers a steam generator, which converts the fluid contained in the cartridge into steam. Passing through a system of "filters", whose task is not to purify, but to impart certain smells, steam with another puff enters the lungs, creating the illusion of tobacco smoke in a smoking person.
Advantages of an electronic type of smoking
When e-cigarettes went on sale in 2003, they were called a safe alternative to regular cigarettes. Later it turned out that most of them still contain nicotine, and their opinion about their safety has changed somewhat. However, we will be objective - they still have some advantages:
- the nicotine content in them is less than in normal ones, therefore, the harmful effect on the bronchopulmonary system and other organs is less;
- The vapor generated by electronic smoking contains tens of times less harmful elements than tobacco smoke.Due to the lack of burning, there are no resins or particles of soot in it, which cause the death of lung tissue cells and the smoker’s cough;
- Due to the absence of burning products, the electronic smoking pipe does not cause yellowing of the tooth enamel. There is no need to fear the appearance of brownish spots on the fingers - a distinctive feature of those who smoke tobacco;
- low degree of danger to passive smokers. The concentration of nicotine in the air exhaled by a person who smokes electronic cigarettes is not dangerous to others. By the way, the smell of tobacco smoke also ceases to be a problem - it simply does not exist;
- electronic smokingcan not cause a fire, and inappropriate blown spark never burn your clothes.
At first glance, everything looks harmless, because there is no tobacco, which suffers from the lungs, and combustion products that cause cancer. But in practice it turns out that the electronic smoking pipe is not as safe as its manufacturers are trying to teach.
Disadvantages of electronic tubes
According to medical research, nicotine addiction is only 15% caused by chemicals.The remaining 85% comes from ritual dependence. Simply put, it is difficult for a person to refuse not from nicotine per se, but from the smoking procedure itself.A cigarette is an ember on one side and a fool on the other.George Bernard Shaw
Therefore, anti-nicotine chewing gum and patches are often ineffective. And for the same reason, according to the statements of sellers of electronic smoking devices, the use of electronic cigarettes is the most productive way to abandon the addiction. However, this method has its disadvantages:
- e-smoking does not eliminate cigarette addiction. Moreover, it can form it in those who have not smoked before;
- the electronic smoking pipe is not harmless, because nicotine is contained in the liquid from which the steam is generated, although in smaller doses than in tobacco;
- In some types of liquid, toxic chemicals are present that poison the body. Some flavors may cause an allergic reaction.
Another argument that will make you wonder whether to resort to this method of smoking is the absence of serious medical studies that would confirm its safety.All of the above led to the fact that the use of electronic smoking devices was prohibited in France, the United States, Australia, Turkey and Canada.
Doctors agree:e-Sigscan not be considered as a way to replace smoking, because they are also harmful to health. But as a way to quit smoking, they may have the right to life. However, in this case, it is necessary to gradually reduce the concentration of nicotine in the liquid and the frequency of smoking.