Virtual puzzles: to collect or not to collect?
More and more sites on the Internet offer to collect puzzles online for free and without registration. In this article, we will reflect on whether it is worth taking a great interest in similar virtual puzzles, list their pros and cons, and also describe how to choose the best resource that offers such games.
Puzzles - a way to develop spatial perception
There is no doubt that puzzle games are beneficial. First, they develop spatial perception and imagination. The combination of disparate details, as a result of which a single picture appears, forms the ability to create images and objects in consciousness, and this ability, according to psychologists, is directly related to the development of logical thinking.
Scientists say: people who collect puzzles act more decisively in difficult situations and find the way out faster than others. In addition, the fascination with such puzzles has other positive points:
- stress relief.Picking up puzzles switches the mind and calms the processes of arousal that occur in the nervous system during stress. Of course, yoga exercises can also help with this, but why not alternate these two ways?
- improved visual memory and attention. During the game, you have to revise hundreds and even thousands of elements, remembering their drawing and comparing with the control picture. Such techniques train mindfulness and improve memory;
- development of perseverance and patience. To collect the picture, consisting of several hundred elements, it takes more than one day. The result is achieved only by those who differ by endurance and perseverance.
And finally, puzzles can be attributed to one of the best and most interesting ways of spending time, unless, of course, you devote all your free time to them, forgetting about the family. Also interesting and keywords online - to solve for free with the answers they can on specialized entertainment portals.
But it is worth remembering: collecting puzzles, you practically do not move, and hypodynamia leads to the appearance of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and shortens life.Therefore, build your mode in such a way that there is time in your daily schedule for both picking up puzzles and playing sports.
The advantages and disadvantages of online puzzles compared to paper puzzles
The proposal of many sites to collect puzzles online for free and without registration sounds tempting, but does it hide any pitfalls? We compared the advantages and disadvantages of virtual and paper puzzles, and invite you to familiarize yourself with the results.
Advantages of online puzzles
The advantages of online puzzles to paper ones include:
- profitability. When buying a paper game, you will have to pay a certain amount, and on the Internet you can find a lot of resources offering to collect puzzles online for free and without registration;
- element of competition. Most of the portals offering similar puzzles are rated by players. To get into it is to become the strongest. And who does not want to be the best? Arrange the same competition, collecting paper puzzles, is very problematic;
- ability to choose size. On websites, players are often given the opportunity to choose from which number of elements the picture they like will consist. The zoom feature allows you to reduce or increase the size of each element.For paper games, such a function, for obvious reasons, is not provided;
- variety of choice. Collections of pictures on some portals number in the thousands, and they are regularly updated with new images. The store has to choose most often from several dozen options;
- determination of the level of complexity. For beginners, it is difficult to determine by eye how difficult this or that picture is to assemble. Therefore, the creators of sites offering puzzle games assign them a category of difficulty, based on which, beginner players can decide whether this picture is too tough for them. Manufacturers of cardboard puzzles did not provide such marking for their products;
- compactness. To collect the image consisting of several hundred paper elements, it is necessary to take a lot of place. But the working area in the case of virtual puzzles is limited by the size of the monitor;
- availability of all the details. In online games can not miss the fragments, but in the paper there is a shortage. Agree, it's a shame, having gathered the whole picture, to miss one element, because of which all the work goes down the drain.
For those who are interested in the process of making cardboard puzzles, we recommend watching the video:
Disadvantages of online puzzles
Among the shortcomings of online puzzles should be noted:
- limited playing field. When you are dealing with several dozen image fragments, the limitation of the playing area is not critical, but if the number of details is much larger, you lose the opportunity to decompose them in color and pattern, leaving all the fragments in sight;
- the inability to select elements of the form. Some sites "cut" the images into squares, depriving the details of traditional embossed grooves and bumps. In this case, you can not pick up the fragments on the form. But even where the traditional configuration is preserved, the program connects elements that, on paper, would be incompatible;
- negative effects on vision. Despite the assurances of the sellers of electrical engineering, who are talking about the safety of computers, doctors say the opposite. Electromagnetic waves emitted by processors and monitors provoke cardiovascular and cancer diseases;
- reduced visual acuity.After an 8-hour workday at the computer, nightly vigils for collecting virtual puzzles inevitably lead to a deterioration in vision;
- traditional paper puzzles develop fine motor skills of hands, preventing the appearance of osteochondrosis, and virtual ones - on the contrary, contribute to the development of this disease.
And another drawback of online puzzles is the inability to play them with the whole family. Paper pictures can be collected in two, four and six hands, but only one person can click the mouse in the case of online puzzles.
How to choose a site of virtual puzzles
If you still decide to start collecting puzzles online for free and without registration, we advise you to find a website with convenient functionality and a solid catalog of images. Therefore, turning over options, look for a resource that:
- provides the ability to save the game, not finished. Please note: some sites allow unregistered users to be saved only on the computer where the game was started. To avoid unpleasant surprises, carefully read the instructions;
- allows you to scale fragments. This feature facilitates their selection;
- groups pictures by topic.In this case, it will be easier to find an image to your liking;
- makes a rating of players. Thus, you have the opportunity to get an objective assessment of your abilities and face off with worthy rivals;
- Contains a section in which players can chat. The forum allows you to learn from the experience of others and make new acquaintances among people with similar interests;
- has an extensive collection of puzzles. Large selection - great opportunities;
- allows you to change the background color. Calm colors muffle the brightness of the monitor and not so tired eyes.
We think that now, having on hand information about the pros and cons of this hobby, you can decide whether to collect puzzles online for free and without registering on the Internet and compete with the strongest rivals, or better plod over paper pictures surrounded by your beloved family.