We clean the house without harmful "chemistry"
Cleaners and detergents used in cleaning homes can provoke attacks of allergies in their inhabitants and harm the health of babies. Our grandmothers kept the house clean without the use of "chemistry". Let's remember the folk remedies that are not inferior in the effectiveness of modern gels, pastes and polishes.
How to clean the floor without using chemicals
Each flooring has its own characteristics, which determine certain requirements for cleaning. Ways to care for ceramic tiles are completely unacceptable for parquet, and maintaining clean laminate has nothing to do with washing wooden floors.
How can you clean the floor completely without harming it?
1. Linoleum. Inexpensive and practical coating that is afraid of alkaline cleaners, gasoline, turpentine, ammonia, acid solutions. They corrode the top layer of the coating, forming white spots on it.
Wash linoleum is better with the help of a normal wet cloth. Every 3 months wipe the coating with linseed oil.It restores the softness and elasticity of the upper layer, and also gives linoleum shine.
2. Parquet. To keep the parquet tile clean it is enough to wipe the floor with a slightly damp cloth moistened with glycerin solution. The optimal proportion: 1 tbsp. spoon of glycerin for 1 cup of cool water. Warm and hot water has a detrimental effect on connective glue and wooden dies.
To remove stains and to cope with the strong pollution of the parquet will help the usual soap solution. Do not forget to collect excess moisture later, otherwise the floor may "swell."
3. Laminate. Like parquet, does not like moisture and requires wiping dry after each cleaning. It tolerates cleaning with a solution of 9% vinegar (1 tablespoon per 5 liters of water).
4. Ceramic tiles. It is unpretentious in leaving and is not afraid of moisture at all. It is well washed with soap and water, and in case of heavy contamination with a solution of ammonia.
Do not leave the tile wet: it is traumatic!
Tile and liquid soap are incompatible: the latter leaves greasy stains on the tile, which will then be difficult to remove.
5. Painted wooden floor. It carries a good wet cleaning and dries quickly, so it can be washed every day.A well will refresh the wood with a solution of ammonia (2 tablespoons per bucket of water), and a mixture of denatured alcohol and vegetable oil (in equal shares) will add extra shine.
It is not recommended to use soap, soda or salt when washing wooden floors. From them, the paint and varnish layer disappears gloss and scratches are formed.
To ekkomootam mopping can be attributed and cleaning with a steam mop. But her purchase is not cheap.
In the summer when cleaning a carpet from dust not to do without vacuum cleaner. In winter, arrange the carpet "hygienic procedures" on the street: dusted with snow, and then walk around with a broom.
Clean the carpeting in the apartment will help fine salt and a vacuum cleaner. Sprinkle salt over the carpet, lightly sprinkle it with water from a spray bottle and wait a couple of hours. During this time, the dust particles from the pile stick to the salt crystals, and the resulting litter will be easily removed with a vacuum cleaner.
Carpet pile absorbs odors well, which is not always pleasant. Get rid of them will help soda. Sprinkle it on the carpet for the night, and in the morning collect the vacuum cleaner, from the unpleasant "aromas" should not remain a trace. Wet soda will cope with this task better, but it will be more difficult to remove it from the carpet.
Sometimes the source of unpleasant odors becomes the refrigerator.You can find ways to deal with them in the article "How to quickly eliminate the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator."
Perfectly cope with cleaning carpets, and any surface in need of sanitation, steam generators. The average price of such a device is $ 150. Not everyone will decide to buy it, knowing that it can do with improvised means.
3 eco-cleaning toilet bowl
To effectively deal with the formation of lime and stone, it is not necessary to buy expensive "chemistry". Let's try to get by with the money from any hostess's home arsenal.
1st method. Heat a glass of any vinegar to about 40 ° C (we recommend 70%, but for lack of that, 9% is also suitable). Be sure to use the lid - so you will avoid the spread of strong unpleasant odor around the room.
Warm vinegar pour before going to bed in the toilet, adding a few drops of iodine and 1 tbsp. spoon of soda. During the night, the raid and the stone will dissolve, and you will only have to flush the toilet.
2nd method. Put 50-80 grams of citric acid in the toilet, cover with a lid. After 2-3 hours, use a brush and flush the toilet. If the plaque is not completely dissolved, repeat the procedure several times.
3rd way. Remove from the toilet water, replacing it with a cola (sprite will do).After 3-4 hours, the drink will dissolve lime and stone deposits, and you will finish what you started with ordinary water.
Clean bath without expensive "chemistry"
The trouble with all the baths is lime and rust. The probability of their formation is small when the taps are in perfect condition, and the bath after each hygienic procedure is thoroughly washed and wiped dry. But what to do, when it was not possible to avoid the formation of lime deposits?
To wash steel and cast iron baths with enamelled coating, use time-tested folk remedies:
- in ¼ cup of vinegar dissolve 3 tbsp. Spoons calcined and 3 tbsp. spoons of baking soda. The resulting mixture is applied to the place with a yellow bloom and wait half an hour. Rinse with water and wipe dry with a soft sponge;
- mix 8 tbsp. spoons of hydrogen peroxide, 4 tbsp. spoon flour and the same vinegar. The resulting solution to smear rust and wait 2 hours. During this time, the red formations should disappear;
- Combine soda and ammonia in equal proportions and process lime mixture with this mixture. After 2 hours, rinse the bath with water.
Acrylic baths are very sensitive to mechanical stress; to avoid scratching, they cannot be cleaned with soda or salt.Never use mixtures containing chlorine, ammonia, acetone or formaldehyde to wash baths from acrylic.
Dissolve water stone on acrylic can be as follows:
a) dial a full bath of water (temperature not higher than 25 ° C);
b) add 0.5 liters of a 7% citric acid solution;
c) after 12 hours, drain the water and wipe the bath.
Wash your windows to shine
To clean windows and mirrors, use cloths made from natural materials, such as cotton knitwear. Synthetic absorbs moisture and inferior in softness.
Window cleaning tips
1. Excellent dissolves dirt and does not leave a solution of ammonia when washing the stains. The ratio of water and ammonia is 4: 1. No ammonia - take vinegar.
2. The glass is well washed from dirt with soapy water, after which the window is wiped dry with newspapers.
3. Give starch a clear and radiant look to the glass. You will need 20 g (1 tbsp) per 1 l of water. When the starch solution cope with contamination, it should be washed off with water, and the surface of the glass wipe.
4. A solution of glycerin (60 ml of glycerin, 40 ml of water, 2 drops of ammonia) can protect the window from dust in summer and frosting in winter. After processing them to the glass should be thoroughly wiped with a dry cloth. You will get a dust and water repellent coating.
Cooker: secrets of purity from the grandmotherto
Keeping a cooker clean is easy. It is only necessary to wash it well after each cooking. However, from time to time it will not be superfluous to “regenerate” the stove.
1. Fatty bloom on the grate and burners is well washed off with hot soapy water (a quarter of a bar of 72 percent laundry soap per 5 liters of water). It is necessary to immerse the parts of the stove that need to be degreased into the solution and let them soak for several hours.
Rinse the hob and grate with water, wipe them dry and return to their original place.
2. To remove the fat from the surface, first moisten it abundantly with warm water (it will soften old stains), sprinkle with soda and wait 30 minutes.
After collecting the sponge with a sponge, apply ammonia-soda solution (1: 1) on the stove, which after 5-10 minutes will need to be washed off with warm water. After that, it remains only to wipe the surface and return to the place of the burner and grill.
To clean the handles, use ammonia. 10 minutes after treatment with an ammonia solution, dirt and grease can be easily removed with a regular rag, in hard-to-reach places with a toothbrush.
More homemaking tips can be found on home sites created to help housewives.