We make a stylish interior arch yourself (instruction)
Types of structures and their features
Making such a design will not only mask the flaws, but also expand the doorway. To save money, you can do all the operations with your own hands..
First you need to choose the design of the opening (this can be done by photo). He might be:
- classic - arc with the correct radius;
- combined - top straight, corners rounded;
- curving - in the central part there is a rise;
- in the shape of a curved ellipse.
There are more bizarre options for the design of arches. But their production will require the ability to work with drywall. If there is no experience in the construction of such structures, it is advisable to choose the first option. To choose the type of arch, you can consider the features of different designs in the photo.
What should I look for?
Plasterboard processing requires a minimum of tools. The presence of a smooth surface eliminates the need to putty. Such an operation is difficult for an inexperienced builder to do it yourself. Installation of drywall does not require outside help.
Before you make an arch with your own hands, you should pay attention to such moments:
- You can change the height of the doorway by removing the wall at the top;
- if you just round the corners, the height will remain the same.
You can make an arch in one of the solid walls. For this you have to cut down the opening of the desired size. Special care when performing such activities is not required. The uneven edges, as the photo shows, will remarkably hide the erected structure.
What to cook for work?
To make an arched opening, you must purchase the following materials:
- Two types of drywall: 12 mm wall and 6.5 mm arched.
- Guides. These are U-shaped profiles. Straight elements of construction will be made of rack profile 60x27 mm. The contour of the arch can be made from the profile of 28x27 mm.
- The required number of reinforced arched corners.
- Several types of screws: on a metal surface, a tree and for drywall.
- Nylon plugs. They are necessary for fixing the frame on the walls.
Special tools will be needed to create the arch. Their kit consists of a screwdriver, scissors for cutting metal. When performing such works with your own hands, you cannot do without a sharp knife, tape measure, pencil. Some operations are performed by electric jigsaw and perforator. The accuracy of the geometry is checked with a level.
Step-by-step instructions and a special video will help to master the manufacturing technology of the arch:
We start rebuilding the doorway
Work on the creation of an arched opening start with measurements. You will need to find out such dimensions as the width of the opening and height, starting with the top point and ending with the arch of the arch.
The next operation is cutting drywall. Two rectangular pieces are cut out of it. They must be of the same size, which corresponds to the dimensions of the structure.
First, make the markup with a pencil.A flat rail should be attached to the contour to cut off a piece of drywall. A knife is useful for this operation. When the outer layer of the cardboard is cut, the sheet is cracked and cut from the opposite side.
Billet put on the floor. It draws a vertical axis. Having retreated 1 cm from the bottom of the workpiece, screw the screw on this line. A rope is tied to it. At its free end is a loop where the pencil is inserted.
With the help of such an improvised tool, they draw a semicircle with a pencil. To make the process of making patterns more clear, rational view the video. With the jigsaw, cut out the arch.
How to make a frame?
To secure the arch in the opening, you need a frame. To do this, use rack metal profiles. This operation is done with scissors for metal. Profile cut, given the size of the workpiece. This leads to the formation of four internal elements whose height corresponds to the height of the workpiece. It also produces two horizontal parts with a width equal to the width of the piece.
The profile is attached to the walls of the opening with a mutual stock of 1.4-1.5 cm, taking into account the thickness of the drywall and reinforcing corners. If the walls are made of brick or concrete, then holes will be drilled to assemble the structure. For this purpose, a perforator with a 6 mm drill is used. Use a pitch of 20-30 cm. The depth of the holes - 5 cm. They are required for placing nylon dowels. With the help of screws perform fastening metal frame. How does the frame at this stage, you can see in the photo.
Arch mounting sequence
A classic drywall arch is assembled with its own hands in the following sequence:
- manufacture of the front side;
- manufacture and installation of end parts.
To make the first construction, the following instruction may be useful: plasterboard blanks with metal screws (3.2 x 25 mm) are screwed to the frame. They should be slightly recessed into the sheet. This should be done carefully to prevent breakage of drywall. Screws screwed at a distance of 10 cm from one another.
Making your own skin includes five basic operations:
- Measurement of the arch of the arch structure.This value should be noted on the profile 28x27, then cut a piece of the profile with scissors.
- To make the necessary configuration, with scissors make cuts. Between them should be about 6 cm.
- Profile bend with your hands (the resulting form should be similar to the samples proposed in the photo). It is located on the internal arch and secured with screws (from the side of the gypsum board sheet).
- Measure the distance between the inner and outer edges. This indicator will be needed to make jumpers. They are attached to the arch. The appearance of the assembled structure can be seen in the photo.
- Bend drywall. For this, the workpiece is moistened. So that the water soaked the part, holes are filled in it. You can use the needle roller.
Now it remains only to attach the arch. The whole process of making such a fashionable design can be viewed on the video. This will simplify its construction with their own hands. Interroom arch can be trimmed in different ways. After plastering the seams, they paint it, glue it with wallpaper or plaster it figuratively. The style of design can be chosen using the photo of apartment interiors.