We promote the rapid rooting and growth of plants
What are growth stimulants for?
Dietary supplements are used everywhere, because with their help you can monitor the development of your plants. But it is worth remembering that these substances should be used wisely and strictly in accordance with the instructions. After all, overdose does not add benefits, but rather the opposite.
With the help of dietary supplements can affect such processes:
- Growth rhizomes. If applied at home, the cuttings and seeds root and germinate more quickly.
- Increase the amount of harvest
- Reducing fruit fall to the harvest season. This property is relevant for avid gardeners and farmers.
- Control of root germination. Stimulants can slow down the process of damage to the crops stored by you.
Also, dietary supplements are often added to control weeds and pests. But these are rather specific protective equipment.
Depending on the composition, all plant growth stimulants can be divided into 2 large groups:
If the latter, basically, can be bought in stores, then natural remedies can be made by hand.
How do these substances act? Many gardeners ask this question, because you do not want to harm the quality of the crop or spoil the beauty of flowering. In fact, like humans, plants have their own hormones.
The main characters in it are the following components:
- Gibberellins. This is a group of hormones responsible for abundant flowering and fruiting. Their use is appropriate in gardening and in the care of indoor plants.
- Cytokinins. These are phytohormones responsible for the formation of roots. They are actively used in the germination of seedlings or for rooting cuttings. A vivid example is the drug Athlete.
- Auxins. These phytohormones are responsible for the formation and growth of buds, leaves, young shoots. They are used to accelerate the growth of the aerial parts of the plant.
Most of the drugs have a complex effect, accelerating rooting, causing flowering and the first ovary, as well as stimulating the growth of shoots. For example, complex means Zircon.
Most gardeners tend to make their lives easier by buying store supplies. From them you get the same effect, without wasting your time on the preparation of the drug. But you should not buy the first available product, it is important to choose the biologically active additives correctly.
Your choice should be influenced by such factors:
- Type of plants. For room flowers use some fertilizer, and for the growth of seedlings - others. Accordingly, the use of stimulants for the growth of tomatoes will not be relevant to accelerate the flowering of pelargonium.
- Scope of work. If you have only a couple of plants at home, then you should not stock up with tons of drugs.
- The desired effect. Carefully read every stimulator. For example, the drug Athlete accelerates the development of rhizomes, but slows the growth of the aerial parts, making plants more powerful, but less high. This effect does not suit everyone.
The first treatment of a plant is usually carried out immediately after planting seeds, cuttings or transplanting into a new pot. Then, experts recommend re-use, but strictly following the instructions for use of the drug. It is usually carried out no later than two weeks from the time of the first watering or spraying using chemistry. Further fertilizing with growth stimulants is carried out strictly according to the schedule from the instruction and only if necessary.
Popular stimulants: what to buy in the store
There are dozens of different fertilizers produced by companies from all over the world. Already familiar substances are most popular in our country: Athlete and Zircon. They are actively and safely used by many gardeners and flower growers.
But it should be understood that even a proven tool should be used wisely. Therefore, it is better to know in advance about the specifics of its action and the effect that will be exerted on plants.
An athlete is a biologically active agent that stimulates active root growth. This tool is perfect for growing seedlings at home, when there is no open ground, space is limited and a thick planting is used.
There are such advantages of the drug "Athlete":
- formation of compact seedlings;
- the absence of excessive growth of the green part of the plants, the young shoots are strengthened and gain strength, and do not tend upwards behind the sun;
- leaves of plants get a saturated green shade;
- The athlete makes the stalks more dense and strong;
- the duration of flowering increases;
- the decorative qualities of the leaves and stalks also grow;
- The athlete stimulates active root growth;
- the first ovaries appear earlier, and their number increases;
- The athlete stimulates the appearance of an early and fairly large crop - the number of fruits increases by 20-30%.
But it is worth remembering that, despite these weighty advantages, this tool has its drawbacks. So, the use of the Athlete is not recommended if you want to get a spike in the aerial parts. The stimulator concentrates on root growth and plant fortification, muffling the development of aboveground elements. Such plants are squat, are not given up, etc.
The basis of the drug Atlet is an aqueous solution of chlormequat chloride. It is this compound that affects the leaves and roots of the plant.
At home, the drug is applied to the leaves of plants, by spraying, or on rhizomes using watering. It should be remembered that the processing is carried out strictly in certain phases of growth of seedlings or indoor plants. For example, if you want to stimulate a more abundant and rich flowering, spraying and watering should start at the budding stage, not earlier.
Growth with Zircon
Zircon is a growth stimulator of roots, aerial parts, fruiting and flowering. Also, the drug acts as a protective agent against the defeat of various diseases, increasing the immunity at the cellular level.
Zircon has a specific composition, it includes echinacea extract and hydroxycinnamic acid.
Due to this, top dressing leads to such positive effects:
- Rooting of plants is accelerating.
- Zircon affects the quantity and quality of the crop. So, fruiting increases by 40-60%.The quality of the fruit is also increasing.
- The drug prevents excessive accumulation of heavy metals, as well as substances such as radionuclides and pesticides in rhizomes and fruits.
- Zircon boosts plant immunity. Flowers protected by him are less likely to suffer from late blight, root rot, powdery mildew, etc.
- The tool helps flowers survive stress: a long lack of watering, hypothermia, lack of sunlight.
In fact, Zircon is a kind of immunomodulator that helps the plant grow and develop normally, withstand the negative effects of the environment. It acts gently, not suppressing seedlings or flowers, but positively affecting homeostasis.
Zircon is a rather specific agent. Indeed, at lower dosages, the effectiveness of its action only increases. Therefore, you should not try to increase the amount of the drug, diluted with a liquid, it will not bring benefits.
As you can see, Zircon and Athlete are effective growth promoters that help plants to actively take root, bloom and bear fruit. But the use of funds is strictly in accordance with the instructions.
Natural growth stimulants
In addition to chemical compounds that are actively sold in stores, there are also natural, natural substances. They also stimulate the growth and strengthening of plants, but do not contain artificial compounds and are absolutely safe to use.
Most often, gardeners and indoor plant lovers use these natural remedies:
- Infusion of aloe leaves. It should cut the leaves of the plant and leave them to languish in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Then put them in water and insist again for a week. Watering this root growth stimulator should be seeds immediately after planting.
- Honey water. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey in the liquid. Before planting in this water should be put seeds for several hours (no more than 6).
- Topping with ashes. This tool should be used as a regular feeding. Just put ashes on the ground where the plants grow. It prevents the emergence of various diseases and stimulates the growth of roots.
- Willow water. This dressing is quite simple. Cut the branches of willow and put them in a container with water. Wait until the liquid turns brown or the roots appear. This water should be watered when planting and planting with the purpose of feeding.Branches can be re-used at home.
- Nettle infusion. The beneficial properties of this very burning plant have no boundaries. To make the infusion, you should pour a handful of dried nettle leaves with 1 liter of pure water (not boiled!). Leave this mixture in the tank for a week. Then the infusion can be used to stimulate root growth in seeds and seedlings.
- Infusion of egg whites. This is not a very pleasant remedy, but if your plants wither and nothing helps, it is worth trying. Beat 2 eggs and place the whites in a bowl (do not use yolks). Fill them with water and leave to languish for a week. Then simply water the plants with this agent. The smell, of course, quite unpleasant, but the effectiveness may surprise.
As you can see, plant growth stimulants can be different. But they are united by one thing - high efficiency and the absence of harmful effects. They do not accumulate in fruits or rhizomes, giving a quick effect. But in order to benefit from their use, it is important to strictly follow the instructions.